Duration: Two (2) years
Stipend: R5000.00 per month
Chris Hani District Municipality wishes to invite applications from unemployed graduates residing within the Chris Hani District Municipality area of jurisdiction to ensure that they are able to contextualize learning to the world of work, establishing physical and virtual job preparedness and matching services to connect you to the available opportunities whilst assisting CHDM in its Project Implementation and Operations. The programme forms part of the Chris Hani District Municipality’s Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP).
The following qualifications are required from the following fields:
|Customer Care, Stakeholder & Communications Grad / InternNational Diploma: Marketing|
|Development Planning Grad / InternBachelor’s Degree: Development Studies / ND: Economics|
|Information Technology Grad / InternBachelor’s Degree / National Diploma: Information Technology|
|Risk Management & Internal Audit Grad / InternBachelor of Accounting Science / ND: Internal Auditing|
|Occupational Health & Safety Grad / InternBachelor’s Degree / ND: Safety Management|
|Human Resources Management Grad / InternBachelor’s Degree / ND: Human Resources Management|
|Administration Grad / InternBachelor’s Degree / ND: Public Management / Public Administration / Management / Office Management & Technology|
|Fire Fighting Grad / InternBachelor’s Degree / ND: Fire Technology|
|Disaster Management Grad / InternDiploma: Management (Disaster)|
|Legal Grad / InternBachelor of Laws (LLB)|
|Social Work Grad / InternBachelor’s Degree: Social Work / Psychology|
|Transportation Grad / InternBachelor of Commerce: Transport & Logistics|
|Finance Grad / InternBachelor’s Degree / National Diploma: Accounting / Cost & Management Accounting or relevant qualification majoring in Accounting|
|Civil Engineering Grad / InternBachelor’s Degree / National Diploma: Civil Engineering|
|Mechanical Engineering Grad / InternBachelor’s Degree / National Diploma: Mechanical Engineering|
|Electrical Engineering Grad / InternBachelor’s Degree / National Diploma: Electrical Engineering|
|Water Quality Grad / InternBachelor’s Degree / National Diploma: Chemical Engineering / Analytical Chemistry|
|Water Quality Grad / InternGrade 12 plus National Training Certificate III: Water Treatment Practice at NQF level 4|
|Water Quality Grad / InternGrade 12 plus National Training Certificate III: Wastewater Treatment Practice at NQF level 4|
|Water Services Planning Grad / InternBachelor’s Degree / National Diploma: Hydrology & Water Resources|
- Matric / Grade 12
- Applicants must have completed their qualification [Proof should be attached and academic records should also be attached for verification of major subjects where necessary].
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 35.
- Applicants must reside within the Chris Hani District Municipality [Original stamped and signature of respective Ward Councillor on the proof of residence].
- Applicants who previously benefited from an Internship Programme will not be considered from any government department or any institution.
Enquiries may be directed to Human Resources on (045) 808 4634 / 69 / 72.
- It is compulsory to submit your application letter accompanied by a comprehensive CV, certified copies of your qualifications and certified copy of identity document.
- Kindly specify your field of study in the subject of your application letter.
- No faxed CV’s or e-mail applications will be accepted. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by the Municipality. If the candidate / applicant is found canvassing any of the panelists he / she automatically disqualify him / herself.
- Appointment will be subjected to compulsory pre-employment screening in the form of determining the validity of qualifications and verification of residential address.
- It is expected that the successful candidates will be stationed within the respective local municipalities that falls within the jurisdiction of the Chris Hani District Municipality as and when it is required by the respective office.
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged and all pre-shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a written assessment.
- Closing date of the advertisement is the 19th November 2020. “The Municipality reserves a right not to appoint”
Closing Date: 19 November 2020
How to Apply
Applications must be forwarded to:
The Chris Hani District Municipality, Human Resources Section Private Bag X 7121, Queenstown, 5320 or hand deliver to 15 Bells Road, Queenstown.